Aluminum Nitride (AlN), does not occur naturally but it is synthesized from two of the most common elements i.e. Aluminum and Nitrogen.
AlN is stable even over 2000°C in inert atmospheres and exhibits high thermal conductivity along with being a strong dielectric. Therefore, AlN is a critical advanced material for many future applications in optics, lighting, electronics and renewable energy.
Trixotech has partnered with high quality suppliers to offer you the best powders at cost effective prices. The order size can range from 100gms to 1000kgs.
Advantages of Aluminum Nitride (AlN)
- High thermal conductivity* (70-180 Wm-1K-1), tailored via processing conditions and additives
- High electrical resistivity
- Thermal expansion coefficient close to that of Silicon
- Resistance to corrosion and erosion
- Excellent thermal shock resistance
- Chemically stable up to 980°C in H2 and CO2 atmospheres, and in air up to 1380°C (surface oxidation occurs around 780°C; the surface layer protects the bulk up to 1380°C).
- Optical media storage
- Multiple grades (produced through both direct nitridation and carbothermal reduction methods) available for competitive cost for various applications.
- Suitable for tape-casting, sintering, hot pressing or as thermally conductive fillers in polymers.
- Compositionally homogenous for high thermal conductivity.
- Water-resistant “WR” grade of powders available.